Join the experts at the Good Housekeeping Institute Labs and explore the science you interact with every day. Using the scientific method, you'll tap into your own super-powers of logic and deduction to go on a science adventure.
The engaging experiments exemplify core concepts and range from quick and simple to the more complex. Each one includes clear step-by-step instructions and color photos that demonstrate the process and end result. Plus, secondary experiments encourage young readers to build on what they've discovered. A "Mystery Solved!" explanation of the science at work helps your budding scientist understand the outcomes of each experiment.
These super-fun, hands-on experiments include:
- Building a solar oven and making s'mores
- Creating an active rain cloud in a jar
- Using static electricity created with a balloon to power a light bulb
- Growing your own vegetables--from scraps!
- Investigating the forces that make an object sink or float
- And so much more!
Bursting with more than 200 color photos and incredible facts, this sturdy hard cover is the perfect gift for any aspiring biologist, chemist, physicist, engineer, and mathematician!"